You are here
Future Environmental Law Professors Workshop
Friday, September 18, 2015
Pace Law School, White Plains, New York
Designed for visiting assistant professors, fellows, researchers, law clerks, practitioners and others who are, or plan to go on, the academic teaching market in the areas of environmental law, natural resources law, food and agricultural law, animal law, energy law, land use planning, or ocean and coastal resources law.
- Receive advice on the environmental law teaching market
- Obtain an insider’s view of the appointments process from faculty with extensive hiring experience
- Learn about the history and future of environmental law in law schools
- Participate in a mock AALS interview and gain feedback from environmental law professors
- Present your work to future colleagues in the environmental law academy
- Hear a Keynote Address by Yale Law Professor Douglas Kysar about environmental legal scholarship
REGISTER by August 31, 2015. There is no cost to register. Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging.
|9:00||Introductory remarks by Professor Jason Czarnezki (Pace) and Continental Breakfast|
|9:30||Panel discussion with Professors Mary Jane Angelo (Florida), Kevin Leske (Barry), and Margot Pollans (Pace) —“How To Be Successful on the Environmental Law Professor Job Market”|
|12:00||Keynote lunch address by Professor Douglas Kysar (Yale)|
|Afternoon||Job talk presentations with feedback provided (Selected participants will be asked to present their job talks.)|
Confirmed faculty attending as of May 1:
- Mary Jane Angelo (Florida)
- Rebecca Bratspies (CUNY)
- Jason Czarnezki (Pace)
- David Driesen (Syracuse)
- Paolo Galizzi (Fordham)
- Michael Herz (Cardozo)
- Doug Kysar (Yale)
- Kevin Leske (Barry)
- Jessica Owley (Buffalo)
- Margot Pollans (Pace)
Travel and lodging information:
- A block of hotel rooms for both Thursday and Friday nights has been reserved at the Crowne Plaza in White Plains.
- Directions and travel information can be found here.
For further information, please contact Professor Jason Czarnezki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAST KEYNOTE ADDRESSES
September 26, 2014
Howard and Katherine Abel Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
Inaugural Keynote Address