Why Pace Law
As you consider the law school options available to you, we encourage you to look at Pace Law School in New York.
Our unique “Path to Practice” curriculum, our superb location in the heart of the nation’s most dynamic legal marketplace, our commitment to providing exceptional value to students, and our nationally recognized centers of excellence – all of these make Pace Law the ideal choice for many students like yourself.
Pace’s world-class Environmental Law Program is the training ground for lawyers who will help solve the world’s complex environmental, climate, land use, energy and resource problems.
Pace Law School is well known for being at the vanguard of International Law, identifying emerging areas, teaching them and then establishing centers and institutes to advance the body of law.
The Pace Criminal Justice Institute generates educational opportunities for Pace Law students and promotes interdisciplinary collaboration between scholars, policymakers and practitioners in and outside the Pace community.
Pace Law School is renowned for the depth and breadth of public interest programs and the support it provides students interested in pursuing this area. Offering a range of scholarships and fellowships, the Public Interest Law Center also provides career counseling, and helps arrange summer placements and funding.
Long stressing the importance of experiencing the law beyond the classroom setting, the Clinical Skills and Training curriculum introduces foundational lawyering skills early in the first year through its First Year Legal Skills Program. In the upper level, clinics, externships and simulation courses are offered in varied practice areas, including environmental litigation, criminal law, immigration justice, investor rights and disability health law.
Pace’s Business Law program provides students with a range of scholastic and employment opportunities. Our dual JD/MBA degree, in partnership with Pace University’s Lubin School of Business, allows students to focus their interests while Pace’s centralized location enables them to network within the dynamic business and legal communities of the NY Metropolitan area.
Offering more than 18 elective courses in the field of Intellectual Property Law, Pace allows students to pursue their passions while our ideal location provides them access to companies across the NY Metropolitan region including IBM, a top ten recipient of patents in the U.S..
- Prof. Mushlin writes editorial for New York Times calling for prison reform
- Prof. Kennedy comments on TransCanada lawsuits for the National Observer
- Washington Post speaks with Prof. McLaughlin and Prof. Cohen about police shootings
- Prof. Carlisle discusses practice of counties outsourcing legal work
- Prof. Cassuto talks with Washington Post about "personhood" and legal rights
- Wide press coverage of Prof. Mushlin's testimony NYS Assembly Correction Committee
- Alumni e-calendar
- CLE: see the alumni e-calendar for a list of upcoming CLE with links for more information/registration
- 2/10: Blank Memorial Lecture, Prof. Susan Carle, "Lawyers Ethics and Early Racial Justice Reform: A Story and Conclusions"
- 3/2: "Making a Murderer: Legal, Ethical and Practical Issues" CLE panel discussion
- 3/3: 21st Annual Leadership Awards Dinner