You are here
Annual Conference 2014
Welcome to the online home of the Land Use Law Center's Thirteenth Annual
Land Use and Sustainable Development Conference
The Land Use Law Center is pleased to announce the theme of its 2014 Land Use and Sustainable Development Conference - Transitioning Communities. The Conference will discuss topics and challenges that municipalities in the region are being faced with, such as the changing demographic pattern, changing community needs, the impact of a shrinking or growing pattern of development, and transitions between community environments - the suburban/rural-urban interface. The Conference will also highlight how communities are transitioning towards sustainability, disaster recovery, and revitalization. We will aim our sessions at addressing the needs of communities already in transition, as well as the idea of how to proactively transition communities toward something new. We invite you to spend the day at this educational event, with more than 250 attorneys, business professionals, and local leaders in attendance to learn about national, regional, and local innovations, challenges, and best practices.
There are several interesting sessions on the schedule including:
- Planning Ethics in a Changing Environment
- Hot Topics in Land Use
- Legal Neighborhoods and the Public Laws that Define Them
- The New York Sun Initiative
- Technology and Data for Transitioning Communities
- You Can Get There From Here - The Importance of TOD and Overcoming Barriers to Its Implementation
- Unlocking the Value of Hudson Valley Main Streets
- Rising Waters and Resiliency
- Land Use & Climate Change Planning & Regulation, 20 Years After Lucas
- Sustainability Planning
We recently confirmed that Mitchell Silver, NYC Parks Commissioner; Past President, American Planning Association; Former Raleigh Chief Planning Officer; and City Innovator and Kaid Benfield, Special Counsel for Urban Solutions, Natural Resources Defense Council, will be our keynote speakers..
Conference participants can earn CLE, APA-CM, and New York State planning and zoning training credits.
We hope you can join us for this day-long event scheduled for December 5, 2014.
- Directions to the Conference Site
- Hotel Reservations - Crowne Plaza White Plains
- Conference Agenda (Draft)
- Conference Sponsors
- Conference Speakers
- Conference Advisors
- CLE Material and Presentations
- About the Land Use Law Center
Click here for sponsorship opportunities.
CM Approved Credits:
CM I MULTIPART
For additional information view the APA CM calendar .