You are here
Public Interest Job Fairs
As a law student you should be aware that many schools and various organizations hold annual job and career fairs. These fairs are golden opportunities whether you are a new law student or about to graduate. In the past, many Pace students have obtained summer and permanent employment as a direct result of these job fairs. If you are interested in public service (e.g. governmental agencies, district attorney’s offices) or public interest (e.g. legal aid and legal services), then make plans to attend the following career fairs of which all Pace students and graduates can take advantage.
NYU Public Interest/Public Service Legal Career Symposium:
February 4 & 5, 2016, New York University School of Law
The Symposium provides students from all area law schools with the opportunity to meet with representatives of public interest/service organizations both for formal interviewing and at informational tables. A variety of government, small firms and legal organizations conduct formal interviews. The informational tables are a great way to network and obtain information about the various employers.
- Student Registration – Nov. 1 - Dec. 1, 2015 (* Late sign-up will continue until Feb. 3, 2016, but students who register late will only be able to participate in Table Talk, not interviews.)
- Student Resume Intake – Nov. 1, 2015 - Jan. 12, 2016
- PILC Fair – February 4 & 5, 2016
26th Annual Public Interest Legal Career Reception:
Thursday, September 3, 5:30-8 PM, Fordham Law School
Co-Sponsored by 19 tri-state law schools, this reception will introduce you to and highlight outstanding and rewarding work done in public service with nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and private/public interest law firms. Valuable to all students committed to becoming a public interest lawyer or simply interested in exploring career paths. Helpful to those wanting to learn about practice areas for internships, how to meet the NYS pro bono requirement for bar admission, and pro bono opportunities at firms. Come to make contacts and talk to practitioners about their work and experiences.
Equal Justice Works Career Fair and Conference:
October 23 & 24, Crystal Gateway Marriott hotel in Arlington, VA
The EJW annual Conference and Career Fair is the largest public interest career fair in the country. It provides access to internship and job opportunities for law students, connects employers with talented attorneys and law students, and offers skill-building and sessions with experts.
Students/Grads seeking interviews must register and apply to available positions by 6PM on September 14th. Students who only wish to attend the Table Talk and/or the workshop sessions, can register until Friday, October 9th. Registration fee: $25 per student/recent graduate.
- Student and recent graduate registration and application -- August 11 - September 14, 2015
- Student and recent graduate registration -- September 15 - October 9, 2015 (*interview application period closed; registration for table talk and workshops only)
- Employer application review and interview selection -- September 17 - October 1, 2015
- Last day for accepted students and recent graduates to sign up for an interview time -- October 7, 2015
- Conference and Career Fair -- October 23 & 24, 2015