You are here
New Directions for Attorneys
The Fred F. French Building
551 Fifth Avenue, NY, NY
Location of Session Two,
2015 and Session One, 2016
New Directions program
JOIN OUR MAILNG LIST!
Please complete the form
to be added to our mailing list!
Start Your Re-entry Path at New Directions
Attorneys step aside from the legal profession for a variety of reasons and subsequently many decide to resume the practice of law. Some attorneys, although licensed, choose to pursue careers other than law and/or have never practiced. Pace School of Law, with support and assistance from the Westchester Women's Bar Association, has developed a unique and innovative program, New Directions for Attorneys, designed to provide lawyers re-entering the legal marketplace with knowledge of substantive law, professional legal skills, and practical legal experience that will enhance their chances of success either as practicing attorneys or attorneys pursuing alternative non-legal careers. This part-time five month long program includes numerous components to support you in your re-entry efforts. (To learn more about the specific components of the New Directions program curriculum, go to Program Overview.)
Is New Directions Right for You?
Consider the following as you assess whether you would like to enroll in New Directions:
- Have you taken a leave from law practice or never practiced law?
- Have you been pursuing a second career but would like to return to the legal field?
- Would you like to return to the practice of law, or an alternative legal career, but you’re not sure how or where to begin?
- Would you like to bring your legal skills up to speed, learn and practice on-line legal research, develop a resume, refresh your interviewing skills?
- Would you like to obtain a current practical legal experience and, as a result, develop a current writing sample, references, and networking contacts?
For more detailed information, please contact:
Jill Backer, Director